This is my FAQ page, for my most commonly asked questions on Instagram.
How do I process my images? How do I get them from my camera to my phone?
As you can see, from the list below, I shoot with Canon equipment. I shoot in RAW, and transfer my images to my Mac to process them in Adobe Lightroom. I then output my images (1500 pixels (longest side), 72 dpi, jpg (quality 100), sRGB). I output at a larger size then needed on Instagram in case I want to crop after processing on my phone.
I transfer the outputted images to my dropbox folder (don’t have dropbox? Use my referral link for 500MB of bonus storage space upon sign-up). With Dropbox, anywhere I have an internet connection I have access to my images. Once the download (to my phone) is complete I then delete the image from Dropbox, so I won’t accidentally post the same image again (that has happened a few times, ooops!). At that point I may do some final processing in either VSCOcam or Musecam, as sometimes the image looks different on my phone than it did in LR, and I just might want to tweak the result a little bit, before I upload the image to Instagram.
If you would like to know more about my Time Stack Photography, see this blog posting.
My Camera Equipment:
My Camera Equipment
• Canon EOS-1D X Digital
• Canon EOS 5D Mark III
• Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Lens
• Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM Lens
• Canon EF 16–35mm f/2.8L II USM Lens
• Canon EF 24–70mm f/2.8L II USM Lens
• Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Tilt-Shift Lens
• Canon 100 mm f2.8L Macro IS Lens
• Canon EF 70–200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Telephoto Zoom Lens
• Canon Extender EF 2X III
• Petzval 85mm f/2.2 Lens for Canon EF Mount (Brass)
• Canon 50 f1.4 lens
• Canon Timer Remote Controller TC-80N3
• Lensbaby Composer
• Lensbaby Close-Up (Macro) Kit
• Lensbaby Fisheye Optic
• Lensbaby Creative Aperture Kit
• Canon 580EX II Speedlite
• extension tube
• Canon EOS-1D MarkIII
• Canon EOS-1D MarkIV
• Canon 5D (current version of this camera is Canon EOS 5D Mark III)
• Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Canon DSLR Cameras